It’s hard to continue doing what you feel God has asked you to do and not see fruit. You can get weary in well doing. That is where I find myself this morning. Weary. Physically, emotionally, spiritually weary.
I’m questioning why are so many things on my plate and I’m tempted to quit it all. But then, the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear, “Don’t grow weary, a blessing is coming.”
So my friends, are you at your breaking point? Are you ready to give up? Have you prayed your last prayer, cried your last tear? Are you tired of believing, tired of holding on, tired of hoping? Are you weary of serving, of giving, of doing?
The Holy Spirit is whispering in your ear this morning: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9 NIV)
So if I’m speaking to you this morning, here is what I encourage you to do:
1. Give yourself a time out. Stop. Clear your schedule and take some time for you.
2. Get some rest. Take a nap.
3. Ask for prayers from those you trust.
4. Prioritize your events. Say no when necessary. Do only the essentials.
5. Return to your first love. Recall why you began the work. Celebrate the small victories and keep your eyes on the prize.
Friends, God has not called us to weariness. He has called us to rest. So don’t grow weary in well doing. Hold on! A blessing is on the way!