This is the word I feel as if the Lord is speaking to me this morning, “Every mighty move of God in your life starts with a dream, a desire.”
I’m in a season where I feel as if God is placing desires in my heart. Before one desire is even fulfilled, He is giving me a new one even more grander than the last. But surprisingly, I’m not overwhelmed by it all. Here are some of the things God is teaching me in this season.
1. Patience – as God downloads desires, we have to wait on His timing. Some things are instant, some require process. Ask for discernment to know the difference.
2. Financial resources are not a problem for God. Don’t allow resources to be a stumbling block for following your dreams.
3. Sometimes to embrace the new, you must let go of the old. I’m finding that I am having to release things I love, former dreams, to make room for the next move of God in my life. This has been the most difficult part of this exciting process.
4. Risk taking is required. (Remember points 1 & 2)
5. Roll up your sleeves and get to work. In this age of grace we can sometimes neglect the value of hard-work. But when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, he required men to roll away the stone. Your dreams may require a labor of love.
6. This is perhaps the most important point. God is able to do superabundantly above what we can ask, think, imagine, or dream!
I encourage you my brothers and sisters to spend some time dreaming with God. Ask God to give you the desires of His heart for you. Don’t be afraid to embrace big, impossible, to the moon dreams. But always remember His promises are yes and amen. He is faithful. He loves you!
“Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]– To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).”
Ephesians 3:20-21 AMPC